Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting and hiding photos, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- No matter how careful you are…with your composition or exposure,…there will always be images…that you want to delete.…Especially, if you you're running low…on storage space on your device.…Let's take a look at this process…for single images as well as selections…of multiple photos and how you can restore images…that you accidentally throw away…using the recently deleted album.…We'll also check out a new feature in iOS 8,…the ability to hide photos.…I'm going to go into my camera roll here…and let's just choose a picture.…When you're viewing an image here…in the full screen mode,…you can delete it just by tapping the trash can icon…in the lower right.…
You get a prompt telling you that the photo…will also be deleted from Photo Stream…on all of your other devices.…We'll talk about Photo Stream a little bit later,…but if you are using that, it means it will remove…it from the other devices.…In this case, I'm just going to tap delete photo.…Then we come back out to the camera roll.…Let me choose another one.…Tap that and I'll tap the trash can icon.…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Intermediate
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.