Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting feeds, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- Now that we can add feeds,…we should be able to delete feeds too.…Cocoa Touch has a neat UI for this.…You can press an edit button…which will reveal special red delete icons,…or you can swipe to delete.…This interface is very easy to implement,…and because it's so common,…it will be familiar to the user.…So here I have a working copy…of BWRSS Add View 03 from chapter five…of the exercise files.…We'll be editing the project this time,…so I've saved the results…of this lesson in BWRSS Add View 04…in chapter five of the exercise files.…
So the first thing we're going to do…is we're going to add a delegate method…to our table view.…This is in feeds view controller.…If I just type tableView here,…you find the one that says commitEditingStyle.…And I'll double click on that,…and it types in all of that for us,…which is really nice,…and I can start coding.…The first thing I wanna do is I wanna make sure…that we have a list of feed IDs…if we don't have it already.…So I'm going to call loadFeedIDsIfEmpty.…
And now we need the ID of the row…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.