File storage is plentiful but there's always good reason to remove files when necessary. Users may wish to protect their data or simply keep their space clean. As with the CRUD of a database, files need to be created, read, updated and deleted. Learn how AWS Mobile provides the means for file deletion as it does for the others.
- [Instructor] So we've seen how to upload files…and we've seen how to fetch files.…Let's look at how to delete files.…Now this is gonna be a little bit different…than what we've seen before because…the transfer utility doesn't provide…the way to delete a file.…However, AWSS3 object does.…But since there's not a way to add that…through the mobile hub, we're gonna do it manually,…at least for our AWSconfiguration.JSON file.…But we can just copy the S3TransferUtility section…and rename it to S3.…Then in our code, we can get the singleton…for that AWSS3, create a delete object request,…and set the bucket and key which is the path…to the file we want to delete,…and then call deleteObject on the AWSS3 object…and pass in that deleteObject request.…
So the steps will be to copy the S3TransferUtility…to an S3 section in the configuration,…get the AWSS3 object, and create a deleteObject request.…Then call deleteObject on that AWSS3 object…and handle the response.…So in our code, we're gonna go to…the AWSconfiguration.JSON file…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.