Learn how deleting data on the server doesn't require the same class instance, but it does require an instance with the identifying data. When that is created, the remove function can be called passing that object and a completion handler. The completion handler is passed an error. If it's nil, the deletion was successful.
- Deleting a single instance from…AWS is very similar to loading…and updating a single instance from AWS.…We need to identify the single item…in the table to delete and we do that…with the hash key and the range key values,…just like we've seen before.…We can do that with creating an instance,…or fetching a group of instances, as we'll see later.…From there, you call remove on the object mapper,…similarly to how we've done with save and load.…So, we need to get the hash key and range key values,…create the object instance, and then just…call remove on AWSDynamoDBObjectMapper.…
So, if you go back to Xcode,…I'm gonna stop execution and close the console,…and then, we'll write a function called deleteNote.…I'll do that at the bottom.…So, on line 103, after updateNote,…I'll add a couple of blank lines…and on line 105, I'll write function, deleteNote,…and again, I'll take a noteID,…like we did in load and updateNote.…This will be a string.…I'll create an instance of note…and specify the user ID as the hash value…and the noteID as the range value, and then call delete.…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.