Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize requests, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Up 'til now, we've…been using the notifications-centered delegates,…responses handler for actions.…The content extension has its own response handler,…which will intercept and replace the delegates version.…Let's make the like button a toggle between like and unlike.…The content extension has another did receive method,…which handles responses.…Above the did receive method we have already,…type in did receive, and you'll see did receive response.…
Add that one in, and then, inside of here,…we're going to need the action identifier.…So, I'm going to set that up as let action equals,…and we'll use the response from the parameters.…And we're going to get the action identifier from it.…And then, head up to the top here.…What we're going to be doing is toggling…between like and unlike actions.…So, I'm going to take this like action we have above it,…copy it, paste it, and I'm going to make it an unlike action.…
And I'll just change the identifier to unlike,…and the title to unlike.…And now, I have a like and unlike action,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.