Find out how to add custom text and views to the annotation.
- [Instructor] We've set up the delegate…but our pins don't do much other than turn blue.…We're going to do a couple more things to get…these a little bit more entertaining…and interesting in terms of what they can do.…One thing we can do is customize the callout…but before we do, we need to turn it on.…Go ahead and close the app…and go back to our delegate and so…in the map view, view for annotation.…
Under where it says pinTintColor…I want you to add another line.…AnnotationView and we have another property…we're going to follow, and this is true of all…annotation views, is canShowCallout.…Set that to true.…Its default is false, which is…why we weren't seeing anything.…We can go ahead and put that in there,…run again, click the Naples pin,…and all of a sudden, we're getting stuff.…
There we have it.…There's more we can do with this callout,…with the title and the subtitle.…There are actually three views in the callout itself.…One is on the left, one is on…the right, and one is on the bottom.…You could put whatever you want in those views,…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.