Learn to add custom icons and image views to the annotation. Change from a pin annotation to a custom MKAnnotation.
- [Instructor] We've added text to our call-out,…but that's not all we can add.…You can use graphics to change to appearance…on the annotation from a pin,…and add graphics to your call-out.…We'll need some images to do this.…In the download folder, you'll find a folder named Assets,…so shut off the app, go to the folder and go to Assets.…You'll find a whole bunch of different images.…Select all those images, head over to Assets,…that XE Assets, and just drag all of them…into the left column, and they'll all set up…just the way we want.…
Then head back to view controller dot swift,…and go to the map view, view for, delegate method.…I'm going to change from a pin to a custom icon first.…And there's two steps I need to do here.…When you're working from scratch…and want a custom annotation view,…you use a MK annotation view…instead of the MK pin annotation view.…So I got to get rid of all my pin annotation views.…So, the first one here is on the top.…Instead of annotation view being a pin annotation view,…it's an annotation view…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.