Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize actions, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] If you have the last notification still up,…you'll notice we have that Snooze button still.…If you press it, it still works.…In the content extension,…you can make your actions even more interactive.…You can replace, add and remove actions.…Let's add another action, a Like button…and change the message on the Snooze action.…So go ahead and stop the app…and back in the code go ahead and go to the…Notification Review Controller.…
And it did receive notification…method we were looking at earlier.…Above the code we have, I'm going to add…a new action as constants for this class.…And so we're going to do…let likeAction…equals…UNnotificationAction.…Even though we use the one with the identifier.…The string for this one will be "like."…The title will be "like."…And the options will be empty.…
All right, I've got one of these,…I'm going to just copy this.…And make another one for the Snooze button again.…And I'm just going to change over here…we can change this to "snooze."…And we can change the title…to something different than we already have.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.