Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Custom group notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] You may already have seen…the grouping behavior of Notifications.…Let's take a little closer look at this.…While the app is still running, go over here.…I'm going to schedule a bunch of pizzas,…I'm going to make a bunch of pizzas, schedule a couple more.…Head over to Manage Notifications,…hit Next Pizza Step a couple of times.…You'll start to see them pop up on top here.…Wait 'til enough of them appear,…and once they're all done showing up here,…slide down the Notification Manager,…and you'll see that they're in a big stack.…
This is the grouping behavior of Notifications.…With the top the most recent and descending in time order.…Clear these notifications by clicking on them,…and you'll see there's an X here.…Click X and Clear.…Then stop the app.…I want my scheduled and make pizza notifications…in two different groups.…There's a content property thread identifier…which you use as an identifier to control grouping.…
In the ViewController, go to the schedulePizza, first.…And where the content is here,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.