Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the toolbar, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- The toolbar is used to manage the webView…with buttons for back and forward and reload and stop.…Here I've opened a working copy of BWRSS-WebView-03…from Chapter 6 of the Exercise Files.…The results of this lesson can be found in BWRSS-WebView-04…in Chapter 6 of the Exercise Files.…At the top of this class I've declared…a number of objects for the toolbar,…including the buttons I'll be using…and some spacers.…Configure view calls setupToolBar,…so setupToolBar is right here.…
Open up some space here on the screen.…And this actually creates the buttons…and puts them on the toolbar.…I choose to do it this way…instead of using Interface Builder…because I need to connect these buttons to the webView,…which is not available in IB…so this is actually easier to do this way.…Each of these buttons are created with text labels for now,…we'll change these to images in a later chapter…and so I'm initializing them with a UIBarButtonItem…and you can give it a title or you can give it an image,…a style, and the target is the webView itself…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.