Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the preferences plist in Xcode, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- Often, an application needs a simple way…of allowing users to choose some…default values for settings.…You can do this with a moble view controller…if you have enough of a settings requirement…to justify the coding and UI investment.…The simple solution, though,…is to use the iOS settings interface.…Here, I've opened up a working copy…of BWRSS Settings 01, from Chapter 08…of the exercise files.…The results of this lesson can be found in…BWRSS Settings 02, in Chapter 08 of the exercise files.…
So, the first thing I'm going to do here is,…I'm going to create a settings bundle.…I'm gonna select Supporting Files…'cause that's where it's gonna go,…and press the "+" sign and File,…and then here under Resource, you'll find Settings Bundle,…and I'll press the Next key and we're gonna leave…the file name the same, make sure the Group is right…and the Target is selected and press Create.…And now we have a settings bundle…here in our supporting files.…I open that up and select the Root.plist file,…and this is where our settings are going to go.…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.