Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an Xcode project, part of Programming for Non-Programmers: iOS 8.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I've downloaded and installed Xcode.…I drag it from the applications folder into my doc.…When I open up Xcode, I'm taken to the Welcome screen.…The Welcome screen let's you quickly get started prototyping…code through a playground, which we'll talk about later…or create a new Xcode project or open a recent project.…Since I don't have any recent projects that I've worked on,…I don't see anything on the right side of my screen,…but that's where you'll find your recent projects…if you're looking for them.…I'm going to click to create a new Xcode project.…
An Xcode project is a fancy name…for a group of files and folders.…When you create an Xcode project,…you're asked to create it from a template.…I can either create it from an iOS or an OS X template.…For this course, we're only using iOS.…Under iOS application, I'm going to…choose single view application.…Note that you can choose a different type of application…if you'd like, like a tabbed application or a game.…I'm going to click Next.…
I'm then asked to add a few options for my project.…
If you find you'd like to learn more, see iOS App Development Essential Training, Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals, or any of the other programming courses in our library.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding functions, methods, and selectors
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface
- Connecting code elements to build an app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Coding Environment
Creating an Xcode project3m 38s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Functions
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
Using conditional statements4m 11s
5. Building Your First Full Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.