Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a WKWebView, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- The new WebKit WebView finally brings full…Safari performance, along with an extended API,…to a view that can be integrated into…a third party app like this one.…Here I have opened a working copy…of BWRSS WebView 03 from chapter six…of the exercise files.…The new WebKit version of WebView…is not supported in interface builder.…It may be in future versions of Xcode,…but not in this version,…so we can't set this up in the storyboard.…We have to actually create the WebView…in our code.…
So here in our DetailViewController,…we're gonna do exactly that.…You'll notice we have a number…of delegate protocols set up at the top here.…The WKNavigationDelegate…and WKUIDelegate are part…of WebKit.…WK stands for WebKit.…The UIScrollViewDelegate is…for the scroll view,…and the WebKit view actually includes…a scroll view, and we'll talk about that later…in this chapter.…We're gonna use that for some of our features.…
So if we come down here and we look…at loadView, this is where we create the WebView.…So you see here we have self.webView…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.