Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a CRUD interface, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- Now we have a good wrap over SQLite's C interface,…but it's still pretty crude.…In this movie, we'll create a higher level generic interface…for the most common database functions.…Here I've opened a working copy of the Testbed-CRUD…from chapter two of the Exercise files.…In database terminology, CRUD is a common acronym for…Create, Read, Update, Delete.…These are the four basic functions of a database.…First we'll build and run and you can see what this does.…
In this case, it's using this CRUD interface;…it's actually doing quite a bit more than what we did…in our previous test when we were just testing…the BWDB interface.…We insert rows, we get rows, we update rows,…and we delete rows.…Those are those four functions:…Create, Read, Update, and Delete.…You notice that we're using this much more simple interface…in here to insert rows.…We're using this insertRow method.…To get a single row, we're using this getRow method.…
To update rows, we're using this updateRow method,…and to delete a row,…we're just simply using this deleteRow method.…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.