Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create frame animations, part of iOS Game Development: Swift 2.0 and SpriteKit.
- Sprite Kit can do animations with actions…like rotation, fading in, fading out, movement, et cetera.…But in addition to that,…Sprite Kit can also do frame animations.…A frame animation is where you define…each state of a changing graphic.…For example, if I go to Assets.xcassets,…you'll see in my Sprites folder…I have a very basic animation…of a shine on a ball moving around.…So let's say we want to apply that.…
So I'll go to GameScene.asks,…and then find the peg,…and you'll see that it's named peg right here.…I can grab and drop…AnimateWithTextures Action onto it.…If you don't see that, remember you can just search for it…in the filter field.…So I'll click and drag that on.…And then look at the options that I have over here.…I have the Start Time, Duration, Resize, Restore,…which resets to the start frame…after the animation's complete,…and then I have this area for textures.…
Unfortunately, we can't grab those assets…from the Assets folder and put them in here.…We actually have to bring in a separate folder or group…
- Creating a new SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Transitioning between scenes
- Removing child sprites from parents
- Working with gravity, forces, and impulses
- Detecting collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions and action sequences
- Working with audio
- Creating frame animations
- Using cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
Use an action sequence4m 8s
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.