Creating data on the server is a combination of creating class instances and AWS Mobile framework calls. Learn how the data itself is created by instantiating the data model class(es). With that, the save function is called on the database object wrapper, and the call also takes a completion handler to be called afterward.
- [Instructor] So we have our project on AWS all configured,…and we have our Xcode project all set up…to save data to the database.…So now let's get to it.…We wanna create an object instance of the model…that we downloaded, that Note class that we have.…Then we wanna save that object using AWS.…We'll test that, and then we'll verify it…on the web server to make sure…that there's new data in the database.…So the first thing we'll do is instantiate the object,…and set any properties that we want stored in the database.…We'll save that object using the AWSDynamoDBObjectMapper.…
There's a save function on that…that takes an object that we'll pass in.…So we'll create some data to test it,…and then we'll verify on the server that it was stored.…So let's go to Xcode and instantiate the object.…We'll go back to our view controller,…and we'll write a function to save some data.…So down at the bottom I'm gonna add…a couple new lines up to line 55,…and on line 57, I'll start a new function to create a note.…So I'll type func createNote, open closed paren,…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.