Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a custom scene, part of iOS Game Development: Swift 2.0 and SpriteKit.
- Most games don't just have one screen.…They have multiple screens.…They have a main menu and other menus…and pause screens and a game scene, et cetera.…So let's look at how to create…our own custom scenes with SpriteKit.…I'll start by creating a new file…by pressing the keyboard shortcut Command N.…Under here to create a new scene,…that's under iOS, Resource and it's called SpriteKit Scene.…You'll also notice there's a SpriteKit Particle File…to create a particle system…and the SpriteKit Action.…
We'll look at those later on in the course.…So I'll choose SpriteKit Scene and then Click Next.…I'll call our scene MainMenu…and then hit Create or press Return on the keyboard.…In addition to our SpriteKit Scene,…I'm going to create a class and link it…to our MainMenu SpriteKit Scene.…So I'll press Command N again…and then go under iOS, Source.…Choose Cocoa Touch Class and click Next.…This is going to be a subclass of SKScene…and I'll call it MainMenu and then I'll click Next…and then hit Create.…
So we got MainMenu.swift and MainMenu.sks.…
- Creating a new SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Transitioning between scenes
- Removing child sprites from parents
- Working with gravity, forces, and impulses
- Detecting collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions and action sequences
- Working with audio
- Creating frame animations
- Using cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
Use an action sequence4m 8s
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.