Learn how to generate an array of beacon regions using a property list file, which can then be used to monitoring.
- [Narrator] To set up our plist file,…let's start by creating a new file.…I'm gonna scroll down and select Property List.…And for the name, I'm going to call it Beacons.…In our plist, I'm gonna create three items,…and they're all gonna be dictionaries.…They'll represent the beacon data…that we'll create our beacon regions with.…Once in here,…I want to add an array object to the root dictionary.…Let's call it Beacons.…In my array, I want to create three items,…and they're all gonna be dictionaries.…
They will represent the beacon data…that we will create our beacon regions with.…So after I create these dictionaries,…I'm gonna go into each of them,…and I'm gonna set the elements…that we will need to input data for.…We're gonna set keys to our dictionary,…and for our project, we will have the following keys:…name, label, UUID,…major, minor, proximity, action,…and notification message.…
Let's go over what each of these keys will mean.…The name is for the name that I'm giving the beacon.…It's my way of defining which beacon is which.…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
Programming iOS 9 and GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOSwith Todd Perkins1h 18m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.