Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create actions in a scene file, part of iOS Game Development: Swift 2.0 and SpriteKit.
- In SpriteKit actions allow you to control animations…and other objects properties over a period of time.…You can apply actions either in a scene file…or in your code.…Let's say we have this square here…and we want it to rotate forever in circles.…And so it can also be a solid physical object.…So it won't disappear like a PEG.…It will just kind of get in the way…but it will also rotate.…So I'm going to make a few changes to it.…
If we look at the walls we can see…that their Category Mask is 1…and the Contact Mask is 0.…So let's just treat this like a wall.…So i'm going to select that little block there.…Change the Category Mask to 1…and leave Contact Mask at 0.…Now it's going to behave like a wall instead of an element…that the ball is going to shoot right through…and I`m going to move it up right about here.…So let's say agian that we want to rotate…this particular object.…
Well, If I click the arrow up here…and I expand the animation section.…I can find this element.…If I look at it in the attributes and spectra…
- Creating a new SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Transitioning between scenes
- Removing child sprites from parents
- Working with gravity, forces, and impulses
- Detecting collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions and action sequences
- Working with audio
- Creating frame animations
- Using cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
Use an action sequence4m 8s
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.