Xcode allows you to start from a variety of different templates for all of the operating systems created by Apple. This video shows what template to use to create your first iOS app and walks through the process of the various settings when you create an Xcode project.
- [Instructor] After you open up Xcode … and finish the initialization process, … you're going to see the welcome screen … which allows you to quickly create a new Xcode project … or open an existing project. … Of course, these options are also available … through the File menu … so there is New Project there … and you can see the keyboard shortcut as well. … And then you have the Open shortcut available … and Open Recent as well. … So let's use the welcome screen … to create a new Xcode project by clicking here … and then we're going to choose a template … for our Xcode project. … You'll see at the top … that there are different platforms available. … So if you look through these different platforms … like watchOS or tvOS, … you can see a list of different applications … or frameworks or libraries … that you can create for that particular platform. … Since this is an iOS course, … we're going to be sticking with the iOS templates. … We're also going to be using throughout the entire course …
- Creating an Xcode project
- Navigating the Xcode interface
- Running your first app
- Building layouts with storyboards
- Connecting UI elements to code
- Coding interactivity