Learn about Core Location. Get familiar with the Core Location data types: CLLocationDegrees, CLLocationDirection, and CLLocationCoordinate2D.
- [Narrator] Now that you've learned…what you need to know about coordinates,…let's go into frameworks and data types.…There's two frameworks that work together,…MapKit and CoreLocation.…MapKit displays and annotates maps,…and CoreLocation does all the GPS and location math.…We'll go deeper into CoreLocation later.…For both, you'll need to understand…the CoreLocation data types.…Both CoreLocation's GPS functions and MapKit…will be using these classes, structures, and types.…We've been talking about coordinates,…and that's the first struct we'll learn.…
CLLocatoinCoordination2d is the latitude…and longitude of a location.…The latitude and longitude are of type CLLocationDegrees,…which is a TypeAlias of double.…You'll initialize a CLLocationCoordinate2d…with the statement CLLocationCoordinate2d…latitude comma longitude, specifying…the latitude and longitude.…The core class of core location is…CLLocation which stores the 3D coordinate.…While core location has several attributes,…we'll focus now on two.…
It has a 2D coordinate as a CLLocationCoordinate2d,…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.