- View Offline
- Understanding Core Data and object persistence frameworks
- Creating a Core Data project
- Exploring data modeling
- Creating entities, attributes, and relationships
- Creating managed objects
- Fetching in Core Data
- Implementing undo and redo support
- Creating a Core Data Cocoa app without code
- Responding to validation issues
- Converting store types
- Preloading default data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, this is Simon Allardice, and welcome to Core Data for iOS and OS X. In this course, I'll begin by talking about what core data is, and how it can help us. We'll explore the vocabulary and the ideas of core data, terms like managed objects, predicates, and what these mean. But we'll quickly get hands on. That starts by modeling our data, using the tools and xcode to describe our applications in a way that Core Data understands, and enables us to easily save, or persist that information. And if we've saved it, we need to be able to retrieve it.
We'll see how to fetch, bring our data back, and tie it into a user interface. Beyond the most trivial of applications, Core Data is what you should be using to work with data in your iOS and Mac applications. It's an essential competency for an Apple developer. Let's get started.