Review coordinate systems. Learn the difference between a global and planar coordinate. Review latitude, longitude, and heading.
- [Instructor] Since it might have been a while…since you've studied maps, let's review map coordinates…since this is a critical skill in using…map kit and core location.…Coordinates break the world into a grid.…An example grid is city streets.…Coordinates start with an origin point.…We measure coordinates relative to the origin points…on some kind of grid.…I've use Chicago for an example because there is…a geographical origin point at the intersection…of State and Madison.…The center of that intersection is the address…zero comma zero.…
We use the distance north and south, and the distance…east and west from that origin point…to get a new map coordinate.…North here is an increase along the y-axis.…East is a positive increase along the x-axis.…South and west are decreases along…the y and x-axes respectively.…Chicago addresses use 100 addresses per standard block.…While those blocks maybe cut up by…smaller streets and alleys, you can figure out…where any address is as a coordinate.…
For example, the first deep dish pizza…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.