Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert .p12 to .pem, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] As you head out into the world of servers…and providers, you'll find two types…of files for the certificate key, pem and p12.…Take a look at the desktop.…The certificate key we generated is a p12…with the name that we put in there of HuliAPNS.…Many systems and test platforms, including the one…we will use, use the pem format.…To get a pem, you'll need to do some command line work.…Go back into the Utilities folder under applications,…utilities, and go to terminal.…
Go to where you saved the certificate.…Now I saved mine on the desktop, so I can go to desktop,…at cd,…desktop, and there it is.…All you need to do is run this command…which converts the file,…openssl pkcs12 -in,…and you put your input file,…which will be HuliAPNS.p12,…and you you'll put your output file,…which will be HuliAPNS.pem -nodes.…
Hit return it'll ask for an import password.…We didn't have one so I just hit return…and it says OK.…If you take a look at the desktop…you'll see we have a dot pem file.…We'll be using that dot pem file as our certificate…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.