- [Narrator] Earlier I showed you how VoiceOver…was skipping over our elevation views.…Let's see that again.…- [iPhone] A suspension bridge which links the--…View on Wikipedia.…Maco.…View on Wikipedia.…Button.…- [Narrator] In layout sub views,…open up a new line, on line 30.…We'll call out to a new method,…which we'll implement in a moment,…called configure accessibility.…If our code falls past this guard statement on line 35,…and into the animation block on line 37,…we'll want to run configure accessibility again.…
We'll a completion block to our last animation,…on line 44.…We'll start with an open bracket, open param,…type the word bool, and then type the word in…and press enter, and we'll type a closing bracket.…Open up a new line on line 45, and call out…to configure accessibility again.…This will give VoiceOver a chance to recalculate frames,…which will make more sense in a moment.…I'll copy that name, and scroll to the bottom,…and open up a new line on line 50.…
Let's implement configure accessibility.…Containers have to be inaccessible,…
In this course, explore the different accessibility technologies that are built into iOS, and learn how to build apps that all users can access. Follow Kevin Favro as he explains how to audit your app for accessibility problems, and explores various iOS technologies—including VoiceOver, a screen reader that lets you use phone even if you don't see the screen—and other considerations that might prevent someone from effectively using your app.
- Reviewing the accessibility features in iOS
- Exploring accessibility settings
- Working with VoiceOver
- Exploring Switch Control
- Using the Accessibility Inspector
- Using VoiceOver to audit your app
- Reviewing Dynamic Type
- Reducing transparency
- Reducing motion
- Setting bold fonts and darker colors
- Understanding how elements are opted into the accessibility system
- Making custom objects accessible
- Working with the VoiceOver rotor
- Working with Guided Access
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Accessibility Overview
2. Accessibility Audit
3. Improving Our App: Visual Accommodations
4. Improving Our App: Semantic Accessibility
5. Improving Our App: Accessibility Customizations
6. Improving Our App: Guided Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.