Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure notification categories, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] When using notification categories…they must be one of the first objects…loaded into the device from the app.…The earlier you can the better.…You will often use them in different places…throughout the app, so it's best to load them…in your App Delegate.…If you have the app open from the last exercise,…double click in the console area…to clear all the notifications,…and give us a clean slate.…Go ahead and stop the app.…Head over to the App Delegate…if you're not already there,…and at the top of the App Delegate…we're going to add a new function.…
So right here under the let nc Delegate,…and above did Finish Launching With Options,…I'm going to add the func set Categories.…And I'm going to add two categories,…a pizza steps category, and a snooze category,…one for each of our notifications.…And I'm going to start with the pizza steps.…I'm going to do…let…pizza steps…Category…equal…UN Notification Category.…
And now you'll see…there's four of them here, and three…have actual initializers that look like…they do something.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.