Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Code the view controller, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- Just like any app, once I have my storyboard,…I'll set my outlets.…Go ahead and close the attributes inspector for now.…Open up the assistant editor.…And I can zoom this out a little bit but really…because this is all in a stack view,…I tend to use my outline for the next part.…And if you look in the code here, you'll see that…there was the label you already had.…So which I'm just going to delete that out of there.…And you'll see there's another one down here…that's giving me an error if that was used for that.…
I'm just going to delete that for now too.…So what we're going to do is control drag…from title over here…into here.…Make an Outlet content title.…(typing)…Now to make a content subtitle.…(typing)…And with no surprise whatsoever,…a content body.…
(typing)…And one more for the image view…which will be content image view.…(typing)…And we've completed the storyboard and made some outlets.…Now I'm going to add some code.…I'll first of all close the assistant editor and then…go back to the NotificationViewVontroller: with code.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.