Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Code the snooze button, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] You've done the simple like button…The snooze button provides us with a few more…techniques you need to know when making actions…in the content extension.…Buttons do not have notification information.…You'll have to extract that if you take a look…over here in the notification view controller again,…the place we're going to get that is our did receive…notification.…I already set one up for content.…But I want to set up one more for requests.…
So what we're going to do is go up here and…I'm just going to do var request identifier…equals and I'm just going to leave this a blank string.…And then come down here to the did receive notification.…I've got the full notification here.…I'm going to just need that identifier to fire off…a new notification.…So what we're going to do here is I'm just going to do…request identifier equals notification dot…request dot identifier.…
I'm using the did receive notification to get…these two and that will get me enough information…for my action up here in the snooze button.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.