Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Code the notification extension, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Where you customize your push notifications…content is the notificationservice.swift file.…If not already open, go ahead and open it,…you'll find it in the service extension of course.…This is only two functions and two properties.…There's a property that's important…called the bestAttemptContent that you'll find…all the way up here at the top,…which is a mutable copy of your push notifications content.…The core function is the didRecieve request…with content handler.…In this method, you modified the content for the…push notification.…
Notice on the bottom of the method,…the call to the closure must be there for this to work.…The template currently changes the title.…I can change that to Push,…so I know what is a push notification.…Let's add some code, so the remote and snooze…local notifications look the same.…To keep it simple, I'm going to copy and paste…the change pizza notification function and the…surfer bullet in the delegate to the notification service.…So I'm going to go back here,…and I'm going to copy this,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.