Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Code the next action response, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] The third action…is the next step button, which changes…the content of a notification.…So we're going to make similar code to the one we did…for the next step button that we did earlier.…So I'm going to go down here, and the first thing I'm going to do…is I'm going to get the step,…which I'm going to use a guard for,…since I have a whole bunch of things…I've got to unwrap here,…so guard var step equals content dot userInfo,…step as an integer, and if not, return.…
And now that I have step,…I can increment it by one,…and check if it's above the pizza steps count.…So I'll do if, step is less than pizzaSteps dot count,…which means that we're in range of the array,…and if not, I'm going to change the content,…dot body, into pizzaSteps.…
Bracket, step.…I'm also going to have to change the user info,…so I'm going to do content again,…dot userInfo, and save my new step number.…That will equal step.…So we're going to put in the request,…which is pretty much the same as we did before,…and that will be UN NotificationRequest.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.