Learn how to find the coordinates of the current device position. Learn about user tracking mode.
- [Instructor] With location services authorized,…you're ready to get a device's location.…Location's come from the CCLocation object,…which we'll get from a delicate method.…You, as a developer, have to tell location services…to look for locations, then read the delegate,…when the device has a location update.…Head to the enable location services method…we added earlier.…Add an if statement here.…
We'll use the location services enable class method,…to check if we have the right hardware,…and if the user has location services turned on…in the settings panel.…If we do, I'll start updating locations…with the start updating location method.…So, if CLLocation Manager,…location services enabled,…location manager,…start, updating location.…
I'll stop updating location at some point.…Stop updating location in the disable location services,…with the stop updating location method.…So, that'll just be in here.…Location manager, stop,…updating location.…When the user presses the here button on the app,…the device will continually update the users location,…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.