- [Instructor] For our last chapter challenge,…your task is going to be adding in an animation…to move our info label into the center…of the newsletter view with an alpha property fade in.…Now, before you start the challenge,…you're going to want to change some of the label's properties…that are set up in viewDidLoad().…First, go ahead and set the alpha to 0…and second, we want to change the background color to clear.…Now, as to where to add in this animation,…you'll want to add it in right after…we activate the constraints on our dynamic label…and force a layout change.…
I'm going to add a little to do comment in here, TODO:…Animate label.…Remember, even though you called layoutIfNeeded()…once already, doesn't mean you won't need to do so again.…This challenge shouldn't take more than five to 10 minutes…so head over to the solution when you're done…to compare notes.…Happy coding.…
- How animations fit into the view controller lifecycle
- Writing simple view animations
- Making use of animation options
- Adding spring animations
- Working with keyframes
- Using calculation modes
- Animating constraint values
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Starter project review1m 45s
2. Animation Basics
3. Springs and Transitions
4. Working with Keyframes
5. Auto Layout and Beyond
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.