Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Change the UI, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Once you add the content extension,…you have a storyboard with a single scene…linked to Notification View Controller.…This storyboard starts with a single label,…which I'm going to delete here…and that way I have a nice clean slate to work on.…When deleting objects, I usually go up here…and do a Clean Build Folder,…before I add any new ones.…Now, you'll see this storyboard is a lot to small for stuff,…meant to cover only a small notification…on the single label.…So, open up your attributes…and go the Notification View Controller,…and then go to Size,…and you'll see the Simulated Size is 37 for height.…
I'm going to change that to 300, give me some space to work.…Now zoom in a little bit, so you can be a little closer…to what the action is here,…and Option + Click on the Library button up here,…and we'll get our objects,…and I'm going to drag on three Labels,…two on the bottom, one on the top,…and we're going to use an ImageView in between them, like so.…
Select all of them,…head over here to Stack View, and embed in a stack view.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.