Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenges, part of Advanced iOS App Development: MapKit & Core Location.
- [Instructor] As you go through this course, you'll find challenge work, places where I let you try out what we've been learning. I've set these up where I'll give you what you need for a challenge, and then let you stop watching the videos. When you start again, I'll give you my solution to the challenge, like most coding it may not be the only answer. The challenges will contribute to the overall project in learning. If you don't want to, or can't do the challenge while watching, just keep watching. I'll give you the solution and teach you a few more pointers along the way. I strongly suggest not skipping them.
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.