Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Create two variables, part of Programming for Non-Programmers: iOS 8.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So now for the end of this chapter,…we're going to do a challenge.…This is going to deal with creating variables.…Before you do that,…let's review what we've learned in this chapter.…We've talked about how variables…are named containers that hold data.…Instance variables are variables…that are connected to a class,…sometimes referred to as ivars,…sometimes referred to as properties.…Variables can also be connected to user interface objects.…So for this challenge,…I want you to create two labels in your storyboard.…
That's your user interface file.…Connect those labels to your code,…and use code to write your name and your age…inside of the two labels.…This challenge should take you up to about 10 minutes.…
If you find you'd like to learn more, see iOS App Development Essential Training, Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals, or any of the other programming courses in our library.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding functions, methods, and selectors
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface
- Connecting code elements to build an app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Coding Environment
Creating an Xcode project3m 38s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Functions
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
Using conditional statements4m 11s
5. Building Your First Full Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.