Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Add a multiplication button, part of Programming for Non-Programmers: iOS 7.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…We're going to end this course with a challenge.…Now appropriately this is going to be the most difficult challenge, so far.…I want you to create a new button for your application.…Now before we talk about that, let's discuss…what you've learned so far in this chapter.…You've built an existing system, for addition and subtraction, and you've…learned how to format numbers to display using commas every three digits.…Here are the objectives for our challenge, you…want to add a multiplication button to your calculator.…
It should work pretty much like the plus or minus button,…and you can use the * symbol for multiplication in code.…As an example, 3 times 4 equals 12 or num1 * equals num2.…Num multiplies, num1 by num2, just like how…we added and subtracted numbers in our calculator app.…This challenge is a little bit more difficult than the other challenges.…So you can anticipate it taking up to about 15 minutes to complete.…
If you find you'd like to learn more, see iOS App Development Essential Training, Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals, or any of the other programming courses in our library.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding functions, methods, and selectors
- Connecting a button to a function
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface
- Connecting code elements to build an app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Coding Environment
Creating an Xcode project1m 55s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Functions
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
Using conditional statements5m 21s
5. Building Your First Full Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.