Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera roll, part of iPhone and iPad Photography for iOS 11.
- [Instructor] The photos view organizes your images…by when and where they were taken.…The albums view organizes photos…into a variety of different albums.…Some created by the operating system…and some that you create yourself.…Let's check it out.…So, when you're in the albums view,…the camera roll or all photos…is going to be the very first album that you see…at the top of the list in the upper left.…If you're using the iCloud photo library feature of iOS 11,…you'll see all photos.…But if you have that turned off, you'll see the camera roll.…
We'll cover iCloud photo library a bit later in the course.…The camera roll, or all photos,…contains a chronological collection of images and videos…with the most recent at the bottom…and older images farther up.…If you edit a photo in another app…and then save out a new copy,…the edited version will appear at the bottom…since the creation date of this new edited image…is not the date that the photo was taken…but the date that you edited it in another photo app.…
So for instance,…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Previewing and trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.