Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the view controller, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- Creating the Testbed is really very simple,…we just create a New Project, a simple storyboard,…and write a small amount of code.…So let's get started. I'm going to go ahead and open Xcode,…and I'll create a New Project.…And this will be a Single View Application,…it's under IOS Applications, Single View Application.…And I'll call it Testbed,…I'm going to write this in Swift and create it…for the iPhone. We do not need Core Data.…And we don't really need a Gift Repository,…but it doesn't hurt. I'm just going to save it here in…Chap01 of my Exercise files. And I'll click Create.…
And there's the project.…So I'm going to remove the Unit Tests,…because I don't really need that,…for this project, and I'll remove it here from my…TARGETS as well. Just pressing the Delete key there.…And I'm going to come in here and I'm going to adjust…my Launch Screen because I always think this is…a nice thing to do. You don't really have to.…But, I like to do this.…So I'm going to close this, and open this.…
And under my View,…just going to change my Background to a Dark Gray Color…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.