- Setting up Messages extensions
- Showing multiple view controllers
- Creating delegate methods
- Preparing a message URL
- Opening an extension from a message
- Combining messages into one bubble
- Identifying the user in a conversation
- Opening a host app from an extension
- Creating a sticker pack
- Adding stickers in a Messages extension
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Todd] Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on creating Messages extensions in iOS 10. Messages extensions allow you to create apps or games that run within the iOS 10 Messages app. This course is designed to show you how to create a Message extension that's either a stand-alone application, or an appendage to a full app. We'll start with the basics of building Messages extensions, how they work, and their possibilities and limitations. We'll also discuss how to work with Auto Layout to present multiple view controllers, and how to make your apps' appearance most closely match what you see in Interface Builder.
From there, we'll create a collaborative note-taking app from scratch, where those using the application can edit the same note. We'll also discuss how to get data from your Messages application into your full application, if you choose to make your extension an add-on instead of a stand-alone app. Finally, we'll talk about stickers, how to make sticker packs, and how to put stickers in your Messages extension apps. So, let's build a Messages extension.