- View Offline
Each of these courses helps you build a complete mobile app from scratch; this installment uses the iOS SDK and Xcode to get the job done. Author Todd Perkins shows you how to create an Xcode project, lay out apps visually, connect UI elements to code, and save data to persistent storage. Start here with iOS 8, and compare your results with the Android and Windows Phone courses to learn about the differences and similarities of these mobile platforms.
- Previewing the note-taking app's features
- Creating the Xcode project
- Using local data storage
- Creating a data class
- Saving data to a file or user defaults
- Understanding screens and storyboards
- Controlling transitions between views
- Connecting the controller to the data
- Creating, editing, and deleting notes
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Todd] Welcome to Building a Note-taking App for iOS. I'm Todd Perkins. I'll be walking you through building a simple app in iOS from scratch. Throughout the course we'll look at how to lay out your apps visually, how to connect UI elements to your code, and how to save data to persistent storage. So let's build an app.