- Setting up SceneKit
- The SceneKit coordinate system
- Using built-in view features
- Physics in SceneKit
- Spawning multiple objects and timers
- Optimizing performance
- Creating your first particle system
- Configuring and implementing a particle system
- Enabling touch
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Building a 3D game complete with a realistic physics engine, support for different camera angles, and a particle system may sound like a daunting task. However, building a simple and straightforward 3D game for iOS is easier and more approachable than you might think. Hi, I'm Mike Wong, and in this course, I'm going to introduce you to SceneKit. SceneKit is a high-level framework that helps you create 3D animated games. By using SceneKit, you can leverage the framework that Apple provides to do much of the heavy lifting.
In this course, we'll use SceneKit to build the beginnings of a simple game where geometric objects appear from the bottom of the screen and disappear when you tap them. We won't be coding all of the details that make the game 100% complete, but it will give you an introduction to 3D game development using SceneKit. My hope is that, by the end, you'll have enough confidence to continue on your quest to master Swift and develop games for iOS.