Join Kevin Favro for an in-depth discussion in this video Bridges walkthrough, part of iOS App Development: Accessibility.
- [Instructor] Throughout the rest of the course,…we'll be working with the Bridges app…to make it more accessible.…In this video, we'll walk through the basic features…and functionality of the app so we can see…what we'll be working with.…The Bridges app contains information…about interesting bridges around the world.…In this first tab, we have a simple list of eight bridges…with a nice background image the bridge's name,…and the truncated overview.…If I pull a cell left, you can see that we are able…to favorite the bridge.…I'll go ahead and tap favorite, and a little tiny heart…appears in the top right corner.…
If I tap on the cell, I'm taken…to the detail view for that bridge.…I see that this bridge is favorited,…and I can unfavorite it as well.…We can see the name and overview and a button…to find more information on Wikipedia.…We also see data about the bridge's length and height.…Now you might have missed the little animation…that calls attention to these elevation views,…so I'll go back out and com back in.…
In this course, explore the different accessibility technologies that are built into iOS, and learn how to build apps that all users can access. Follow Kevin Favro as he explains how to audit your app for accessibility problems, and explores various iOS technologies—including VoiceOver, a screen reader that lets you use phone even if you don't see the screen—and other considerations that might prevent someone from effectively using your app.
- Reviewing the accessibility features in iOS
- Exploring accessibility settings
- Working with VoiceOver
- Exploring Switch Control
- Using the Accessibility Inspector
- Using VoiceOver to audit your app
- Reviewing Dynamic Type
- Reducing transparency
- Reducing motion
- Setting bold fonts and darker colors
- Understanding how elements are opted into the accessibility system
- Making custom objects accessible
- Working with the VoiceOver rotor
- Working with Guided Access
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Accessibility Overview
2. Accessibility Audit
3. Improving Our App: Visual Accommodations
4. Improving Our App: Semantic Accessibility
5. Improving Our App: Accessibility Customizations
6. Improving Our App: Guided Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.