Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic photo editing, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] The Photos app in iOS 12…has a set of image editing tools and filters…that you can use to modify your images.…In this chapter, we'll take a look…at the many ways that you can use these features…to both improve and enhance your photos.…I'll tap on the Photos app,…and I'm already in the Favorites album here.…Let's choose this image, so to open up the editing features,…just view an image fullscreen like this,…and then tap Edit in the upper right.…One of the first things you can try in the Edit screen…is the little magic wand button…up in the upper right corner,…it's always worth a shot to see what that does,…and that brightens it up a little bit.…
You can see that when the wand is activated, it's yellow,…and when it's off, it's white.…I'm just going to keep that, that looks pretty good.…This enhancement generally applies…a little bit of contrast and saturation boost,…and depending on the image you use it on,…there may be some brightening or darkening.…On some photos, you might not notice much difference,…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.