Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic photo editing, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- The Photos app has received a significant upgrade…in the editing department with some new…and enhanced features that make it much more useful…than in previous versions of iOS.…In this chapter we'll take a look at the many ways…that you can use it to improve and enhance your photos.…To open the editing features, just chose an image that you…want to work with and then tap Edit in the upper right.…In the upper right of the Editing screen you'll see…a little magic wand icon.…This is kind of the automatic enhance feature.…This is essentially the same as it was…in previous versions of iOS.…
The enhancement that it applies is typically pretty subtle…and it usually entails a boost of contrast…and maybe a little bit of a saturation boost.…Depending on the image that you use it on,…you may not notice much difference.…The wand icon turns blue to indicate that an enhancement…has been applied, and you can tap it again to turn it off.…So in this image here it may be hard to see,…but the sky gets a little bit more intense blue…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Appropriate for all
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.