Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic phone activities, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
This chapter is all about using the iPhone to place, receive, and manage phone…calls, because after all, it's called the iPhone, so, it had better deliver in…the area of making calls.…And since the iPod touch isn't a phone, most of the movies in this chapter won't…apply to it, although one or two movies, like the one on sharing contacts and…using iMessage are relevant to the iPod .…All right, let's begin with a look at the basic features of the iPhone's…phone capabilities.…To do anything phone-related, you have to start by opening the Phone app.…The Phone app is divided into five sections across the bottom here.…
We have Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad, and Voicemail.…Briefly, Favorites is where you store your most frequently called numbers.…We'll look at how to manage this area in an upcoming movie.…Recents is a list of every call you've placed, received or missed.…Tapping any of these instantly dials that number back.…Tapping the Blue arrow gives you details of the call, which can be useful if you…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.