Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic camera controls, part 1, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] The camera app in iOS 12…is very similar to previous versions,…so it should look familiar if you're already an iOS user.…If you've recently upgraded your phone…to an iPhone 8 Plus, or one of the iPhone 10 models,…the biggest difference that you're going to see…in the camera app from earlier single-lens iPhones…will be portrait mode and the portrait lighting effects.…We'll be taking a look at that in a separate movie.…Let's get started by taking a look…at some of the basic controls in the camera app.…
The first thing to know, which is very useful,…is that there are a couple of ways…that you can access the camera app from the lock screen.…If you have an iPhone with an actual home button,…you can swipe to the left on the screen…to open the camera without having to enter your passcode.…You can also swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen…to show the control panel, and tap the camera icon there.…If you have an iPhone 10 series…which does not have a home button,…you can press the camera icon in the lower right,…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.