Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Audio and video attachments, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] While we've seen that images are easy to add,…you can also add other media the same way…including audio and video.…Let's add some audio and video to our project.…Go ahead and stop the app…and you'll see the media folder I created.…That I've got an MP3 file and I've got a gif file here.…And we can try to see if those work nicely.…I'm going to start with the audio file…and I'm going to change the name here.…
So, the easiest way to get a name is of course just to…copy it over here and then I'm going to go back…into the view controller and I'm going to just replace this.…I'm going to replace this and I'm going to change this to audio.…And with that, I'll run it again.…Then we'll schedule a pizza,…go over here make sure it got there, there it is.…
And when it comes down, I don't have any icon or anything,…but when I pull it down, I get a little recorder here…which will (string music) play some music.…All right, we can try another thing.…And, let's stop the app.…And go to this again.…And we're going to try the gif file now.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.