Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Add user info in payload, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] So far, you've added everything…to the APS Dictionary in the payload.…APNS does not restrict you to these few content objects.…In this lesson, we'll discuss…the user info content for custom content.…So let's go back over Xcode,…and we can get rid of that for now.…And in the Payload Editor,…if you place things outside the APS Dictionary,…they're collected in the User Info Dictionary…of the notification content.…So, for example, if I do it outside here,…which is the outside of the APS,…I'm going to go ahead and add a list…for my ordering an array.…
So I can do quote order colon,…and then, I'm going to make an array,…Huli Pizza,…L-I-L-I, Lilikoi punch…and Duke Pie.…I'm going to make this the body text…of my snooze notification.…
Much of this should look familiar.…Head back over to NotificationCenterDelegate…and put this above the Support Methods mark.…Func changePizzaNotification…content, and I'm going to make that oldContent,…which is a UNNotificationContent,…and that is going to output…a UNMutableNotificationContent.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.