Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a service extension, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Your first step…for using the service extension…is to add the service extension to your project.…In Excut, you're going to go to File, New, Target.…Select Ios and you'll find in the list,…the two extensions, the content extension we'll talk about…in a little bit, and the notification service extension.…Select it and click next.…It's going to ask you for a product name.…I usually name this by suffixing…service extension to my app name.…
Since we have Huli Pizza notification here,…I'm going to call it huli pizza notification service extension.…My team will be the same, organization name,…organization identifier, all that will be the same.…We'll keep it in the same project and we're going to…imbed it in the Huli Pizza notification application.…So go ahead and hit finish.…
They'll ask you to activate…and I'm going to go ahead and activate here.…And once it's finished processing, you'll see we have…a new service extension right here with two files.…One is the notification service dot swift file…and one is an info p list.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.