Change to the satellite and flyover modes. Learn the limitations of the flyover mode.
- [Instructor] You can now make standard and flyover maps…by changing the camera.…There's one more ingredient you can add…to our pizza of maps; satellite imagery.…You saw in storyboard that we have a map type.…Now we'll use that map type programmatically…to set the satellite imagery.…Go back to the ViewController code and shut off the app.…Another of the actions I set up for you is changeMapType.…We'll toggle between the map types on this button,…so I'll use the switch case control structure…to go through all the values…for the MKMapType enumeration.…
So go ahead and add this:…switch mapView dot mapType and then braces.…The first case I'll add is standard,…the one we've been using.…I'll switch that one into satellite.…Satellite will show a plain, flat, satellite image…without any annotations.…So that'll be case dot standard…and I'll change that to mapView…dot mapType equals satellite.…
Then I'll use switch from satellite to hybrid,…which will show the annotations.…Case dot satellite mapView…dot mapType equals hybrid.…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.